South Dakota Kids Count is a project of the Annie E. Casey Foundation. The project collects and publishes data on demographics, health, education, economics, and the safety of children in South Dakota. SD Kids Count enables parents, policymakers, and advocates to work on the behalf of South Dakota children. State and local agencies also rely on Kids Count data to inform policy and planning. The following are resources publicly offered on the Kids Count website:
- The South Dakota KIDS COUNT Factbook - Updated annually, this report contains information on demographics, health, education, economic, and safety indicators pertaining to children in South Dakota.
- Census Data - This information hub provides access to various census reports.
- State Legislative District Data - This hub provides links to data for all South Dakota Legislative Districts.
- Facts on KIDS - Specialized reports on childhood obesity, immunizations, and other indicators from recent years can be found here.
- Regional Districts - KIDS COUNT offers children and youth reports comparing South Dakota planning districts to each other and the state average.
- Head Start Fact Sheets - This initiative provides access to Head Start reports on oral health, diversity, nutrition, mental health, and disability access in South Dakota.
To learn more about SD Kids Count, please explore their online Data Center.