Aug 17, 2016

Data Resources - Environment

Annual Drinking Water Reports: the EPA requires water suppliers to report on the quality of their water. You can request a report from the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources here.

Demographic change, national forests, and natural amenities: County level data from the USDA Forest Service and the Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire.

National Park Visits: On the right-hand side of this page, see “By the Numbers”. You can also download a summary of the statistics at the bottom of the same column.

Per capita Consumption of Energy: This data is released annually from 1960 to the present and is provided by the Energy Information Administration.

The Scorecard: State-specific data on various levels of pollutants.

U.S. Green Building Council: This organization is committed to a sustainable future through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings and is responsible for the LEED certification process. To explore all South Dakota buildings currently LEED certified or in the process of being such, click here.

Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI): this data is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture/US Forest Service and details where houses are being developed near wild vegetation.  


525 University Loop, Suite 202
Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 716-0058   [email protected]