The South Dakota Governor's Office of Economic Development works to expand primary job opportunities for all South Dakotans. They strive to retain and expand existing businesses, foster new businesses, facilitate business succession and recruit out-of-state businesses. The office works closely with community economic development corporations to expand and diversify the state’s industry and economy. Additionally, the GOED administers a variety of financing opportunities available to new and existing businesses.
The following are resources the South Dakota GOED offers on South Dakota.
- Financing and Incentives- Whether users already operate a business in South Dakota, are starting up a business in South Dakota, or are looking to expand or relocate from outside the state, the SD GOED offers financing programs and information targeted at growing businesses.
- Key Industries- This section provides users specific industry overviews.
- Site Selection Data- Here users can find data ranging from a 50 state comparison of tax and workforce statistics to current transportation and quality of life information.
- Real Wage Calculator- This tool calculates the impact of income taxes and cost of living on wages across the nation.
- GOED Blog- This blog houses features content and updates about the South Dakota GOED and its activities.